Essential Oils 101
What is an essential oil?
Essential Oils are made from plants for physical and emotional benefits. They are distilled from leaves, flowers, tree bark, seeds, or rind of fruit in concentrated amounts. Typically one drop of a dōTERRA® essential oil has a powerful effect making them affordable at just pennies per use! View a short video clip introducing essential oils HERE.
How do I use essential oils?
You will soon learn that there are hundreds of ways to use dōTERRA® essential oils, including relaxation, personal hygiene, household cleaning, cooking, and supporting a healthy body. Every oil has at least one of three application methods: Aromatic, Topical, or Internal.
For Aromatic Use ~ Breathe in or use a diffuser to open up airways, improve mood, or freshen the air.
For Topical Use ~ Use a carrier oil when applying to bottoms of feet or affected areas to target specific needs.
For Internal Use ~ Drop in water, under tongue, or in veggie capsule to support mouth, throat, digestive system, or overall health with guidance from a Certified Aromatherapist or Health Care Professional.
What are some basic safety tips?
1) Photosensitivity - No sunbathing after applying citrus essential oils. Citrus oils are sensitive to the sun since they are made from the rind of fruit. Avoid direct sunlight to the exposed area for at least 12 hours of that location may have a skin irritation or burn. Oils applied underneath clothing should be fine.
2) Hot Oils - If it starts to burn, skip the water. Use a carrier oil or whole fat milk. Because essential oils don't mix with water, applying water to the area can actually drive the burn in deeper. Ouch!
3) Avoid These Areas - Never put essential oils in your eyes, inside ear canal, or up nose. However, you may apply oils around the eye bone in a C shape, on ear cartilage and behind ear bone, or diffuse essential oils.
4) Dilution - Use a carrier oil such as fractionated coconut oil when applying essential oils topically to avoid skin sensitization.
5) Safe Storage - The majority of all adverse reactions to essential oils by children have been as a direct result of accidental overdose and ingestion in large amounts. Keep out of reach of children. Use child proof safety caps.
What are the most commonly used essential oils and their uses?
Click on each bottle below to enjoy 1-min informational video clips.
Essential Oil Kits
Adaptiv Calming Blend®
Adaptiv Calming Blend Capsules (30 count), One year Premium Access to the Adaptiv App*, Wholesale Membership
*When you purchase this item, Premium content will be automatically loaded in the app and accessible within three hours after checkout. The app is available for download in Google Play and the App Store under "Adaptiv". To access Premium content, download the app and create an account, making sure to connect your doTERRA account to the app when prompted.
Adaptiv™ Calming Blend, doTERRA, doTERRA Breathe®, Deep Blue®, Copaiba, Digestzen®, Lavender, Lemon, doTERRA On Guard®, Peppermint
The Petal® 2.0 Diffuser, Wholesale Membership
Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Tea Tree, Oregano, Frankincense, Breathe®, DigestZen®, On Guard®
doTERRA On Guard® Collection:
On Guard Natural Whitening Toothpaste, On Guard Cleaner Concentrate, On Guard Foaming Hand Wash, On Guard Sanitizer Mist
Brevi Diffuser, Deep Blue® (5mL), Salon Essentials Protecting Shampoo, Salon Essentials Smoothing Conditioner, Wholesale Membership
Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Frankincense, Tea Tree, Wild Orange, On Guard®, Balance®, DigestZen®, Aromatouch®, Serenity, Breathe®
doTERRA On Guard® Collection:
On Guard Natural Whitening Toothpaste, On Guard Foaming Hand Wash & Dispenser, On Guard Sanitizer Mist, On Guard Beadlets, On Guard + Softgels, On Guard Mouthwash
Lifelong Vitality Pack, Fractionated Coconut Oil, Past Tense® (10mL), PB Assist®, Wooden Storage Box, Lumo Diffuser, Breathe Vapor Stick, TerraZyme®, Deep Blue Rub, Spa Hand & Body Lotion, Correct-x Essential Ointment, Salon Essentials Protecting Shampoo, Salon Essentials Smoothing Conditioner, Wholesale Membership
How to Order
Openly Essential © 2018
| Designed By practicalwebsitedesign.com |
Please note - The statements found throughout this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.